By Michael W. Lucas
FreeBSD—the strong, versatile, and loose Unix-like working system—is the popular server for lots of businesses. however it could be even trickier to take advantage of than both Unix or Linux, and more durable nonetheless to master.
Absolute FreeBSD, second Edition is the whole advisor to FreeBSD, written by means of FreeBSD committer Michael W. Lucas. Lucas considers this thoroughly revised and rewritten moment variation of his landmark paintings to be his top paintings ever; a real made from his love for FreeBSD and the aid of the FreeBSD group. Absolute FreeBSD, 2d Edition covers deploy, networking, safety, community providers, process functionality, kernel tweaking, filesystems, SMP, upgrading, crash debugging, and lots more and plenty extra, together with assurance of the way to:
- Use complicated security measures like packet filtering, digital machines, and host-based intrusion detection
- Build customized dwell FreeBSD CDs and bootable flash
- Manage community prone and filesystems
- Use DNS and organize e mail, IMAP, internet, and FTP providers for either servers and clients
- Monitor your method with performance-testing and troubleshooting tools
- Run diskless systems
- Manage schedulers, remap shared libraries, and optimize your process on your and your workload
- Build customized community home equipment with embedded FreeBSD
- Implement redundant disks, even with out distinctive hardware
- Integrate FreeBSD-specific SNMP into your community administration system.
Whether you are simply getting begun with FreeBSD or you have been utilizing it for years, you can find this e-book to be the definitive advisor to FreeBSD that you've got been looking forward to.